Maverick County Sheriff's Office(PRESS RELEASE)-November 10, 2014
A structural fire led county units to the 3000 block of Del Rio Highway Saturday evening, shortly after 9:15 PM. Deputies arrived at the location and made contact with Ted Martinez, the owner of POPO's Barbacoa, who stated a stove caught fire while he was preparing food. Mr. Martinez also said the grease coming off of the pots fell on the flame and that caused the fire. The owner was able to put out the fire before it could cause any major damages, however, the Eagle Pass Fire Department arrived on the scene to clear the building from the fire for precautionary measures.